05 mai 2006

La tartediflette

or I must say the French cooking evening. For this party, I cooked a tartiflette and we drunk french wines from Savoie, my region : a red one Mondeuse and a white one Chignin Bergeron. I wanted that Harald, Kathrin, Sebastian and Preben discover French cuisine. And to finish we ate a aplle and rapberry crumble. Yes, I know it's British but why don't eat British meals when they are good?

La tartiflette

ou devrais-je dire la soiree cuisine francaise? C'etait l'occasion pour nos compagnons Erasmus de gouter des specialites de chez moi, la tartiflette et les vins de Savoie, la Mondeuse en rouge et le Chignin Bergeron pour les blancs. J'ai un peu devie car le dessert etait un crumble pommes-framboises, mais c'est tellement bon!

Juliette

Et juste derriere moi, Imogen, une de mes collocs

Kathrin and Dennys

Kathrin and Sebastian

Marion and Preben

Harald

And especially for Harald who will become a Cordon bleu, my recipe of the tartiflette (there are so many):

Ingredients (4-6 servings):

- Potatoes

- lardons or small pieces of bacon (it's better with lardons but there's none in England)

- liquid cream (a cube or 20cl)

- one reblochon (the special cheese to make this meal)

- onions in small pieces

- salt and pepper

First you have to peel and boiled the potatoes until they are cooked. Then fry lardons and onion separately(onion in some oil, lardons don't need oil). Cut potatoes in cube or what shape you want but small. Take an ovenproof dish, put into it half of the potatoes, add salt (be careful lardons are salted) and pepper. Put lardons and onions on top of potatoes. Cover with the second half of the potatoes. Add cream. Cut reblochon in two in the height (you will have two circles) and put the two halves on the top of the gratin, keep the crust on. Bake in a hot oven (200 degrees) until the cheese has melted. The top of the tartiflette should be crusty. Enjoy your meal!

2 commentaires:

Alex a dit…

Heya My, You look very british with your new haircut... I'd like to know more ! Well, the tartiflette seemed to taste very good. I wish I could have been there too !
bye and see you later ! Alex xxx

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Myriam!

Thanks for writing down the recipe! I'll try to cook the tartiflette when I'm back at home to show my friends about the French haute cuisine (?) you have been cooking for us.

And the desert will be your crepes suzettes! :-)

See you soon,
Harald